When you find yourself in need of some heavy-duty furniture removal, it's important that the job is done safely, efficiently, and done right.
The problem is that old furniture can be heavy, bulky, and hard to maneuver through doorways, hallways, and stairwells. In other words, doing it right can be difficult.
When It's Time to Do Furniture Removal
Furniture can be hard to move.
This is especially true for household items like large sofas, buffets, credenzas, and hutches. In most cases, they require at least two people to lift and carry these pieces, and it often helps to have another person or two to navigate and clear the pathway.
When it comes to removing and disposing of old furniture, a suitable vehicle is also required. It's quickly apparent that most large furniture is not going to fit into any sedan and even most SUVs.
If a truck or cargo van is available, the old furniture has to be loaded, tied down or secured, and then hauled to somewhere for disposal that takes old furniture. Or, if the furniture is still usable and in good condition, taken to someplace that will take them as donations.
That's a fairly long list of requirements just to get rid of your own old furniture.
If you have some old furniture items you need to dispose of we have this handy checklist to walk you through the process of doing it right:
Removing Old Furniture: Three Options
All things considered, there are essentially three ways to permanently get your old furniture out of your house:
Donate Your Old Furniture
- If possible, gift it to a family member or close friend who can use your unwanted furniture. Or you might find a neighbor in need of a gently used, couch or recliner.
- There are a number of charity organizations that will take used furniture that is in good shape. You should always call to check ahead before dropping off large furniture items.
Sell Your Old Furniture
- You can sell furniture on sites like Craig's List and eBay. In addition, sites such as Nextdoor and Chairish are also great for old furniture. Always upload good photos, clear descriptions, and to mention any stains or damage.
- In many towns and cities you can find local consignment shops that will take your old sofa or couch and display it for sale - and you get that old furniture out of your home.
Hire Professional Furniture Removal
- You can hire someone with a truck to haul it away for you. Buy you may have to carry that heavy couch, sofa or recliner out the front door yourself. And you may have to help load it, too.
- Hiring a professional junk hauling firm for furniture disposal like Junk King is a far better choice. We do all the heavy lifting for you and take it all away quickly and efficiently.
Because of the nature of removing, hauling, and disposing of large furniture, it makes sense to leave it to the experts. When it comes to furniture removal, doing it right is something Junk King does every day.
Old Furniture Removal at its Best
At Junk King, we make sure that your old furniture items end up in the right place. That might be a charity for the pieces of furniture that are still in good shape, or a recycling facility to ensure your old furniture is disposed of properly.
Professional junk removal for furniture is doing it right since there’s no easy way to get rid of large furniture pieces yourself.
Why Junk King is the best option for your furniture removal:
- We do all the heavy lifting and hauling.
- No risk of damage to your own vehicle.
- We know how to have your furniture recycled or disposed of responsibly.
- Making an appointment is easy and our prices are fair and transparent.
Junk King provides an efficient, safe and eco-friendly furniture removal service so you don’t need to worry about the pick up or disposal of those old items.
Junk King Does Furniture Removal Right
Being green is part of our company mission.
We back that up by recycling, donating, or re-purposing everything we possibly can. When it comes to furniture removal, we take the environmentally-friendly route by making sure the metal, wood, and other materials are recycled properly. And our trained and licensed crews even operate a fleet of bio-diesel trucks for many of our jobs.
If the item can be reused, Junk King will transfer it to a local donation center where it can find a new home.
While furniture removal (and recycling) isn't always easily done by the average homeowner or renter, you can bring in a junk removal service to streamline the process. And when you hire Junk King, you get professional junk haulers who know how to remove your old furniture without damaging your floors, door frames, and walls!
You’ll love your experience with Junk King:
- Easy scheduling and on-time arrivals.
- A courtesy call about 15 minutes before we show up.
- Uniformed crews made up of trained, insured professionals.
- In-and-out with fast and thorough service.
- Straightforward estimates with no hidden fees
Whenever you need to dispose of an old sofa, mattress, dishwasher, trash compactor, or other household items, think of Junk King.
Book online or call us today at 1.888.888.JUNK (5865) to get started with a free estimate for your dishwasher or trash compactor removal.