Are you engaged in construction work? Do you dread the never-ending task of your construction garbage removal? You're not alone. But it doesn't have to be a dreaded chore. And - here's the really good news - it doesn't have to be something you do yourself!
Construction Garbage Removal By the Numbers
Ever wonder how much construction waste and debris you actually produce in the course of your jobs? While commercial construction obviously generates a great deal of construction garbage, residential construction can produce surprisingly large quantities of trash.
Consider these facts:
- New construction projects average 3.9 pounds of waste per square foot of building area. For example: almost 98 tons of waste is produced from building a 50,000 square foot building.
- Building demolitions average 155 pounds of waste per square foot. That means that 3,875 tons of waste is produced during the demolition of a 50,000 square foot building.
- Not all construction waste goes into landfills, since many items are salvageable. In fact, there are more than 200 used building material stores in the United States alone that take recovered items as donations.
- Many reusable items from demolition projects can often be used in some renovation projects such as plumbing fixtures, ceiling and floor tiles, doors, cabinets, decorative items, light fixtures, carpeting, stonework, bricks, and even sheet rock.
Five Points to Consider for Effective Construction Garbage Removal
1. Leverage the Convenience Factor
When you stop to consider the amount of time involved in clearing out, loading, and then hauling and disposing of your junk you may be talking about number of hours, possibly days lost. The time you or your employees spend doing this kind of work is time not spent doing what you pay them for.
2. Take into Account the Health and Safety of Your Employees
Depending on the quantity and nature of your waste, the simple work of moving it can be hazardous. Cuts, abrasions and back strains are very real consequences of clearing and hauling junk. In addition, you may be working with actual hazardous materials that need to be handled properly and legally. Without proper training and proper equipment, disposing of some waste can lead to complications.
3. Take Advantage of the Measurable Cost Savings
When you factor in not only the time and wages spent on employees (or yourself) cleaning and hauling your junk, and the opportunity cost of other that’s work not getting done, it becomes an expensive proposition. Using your own employees for junk hauling not only invites potential issues with injuries and overtime costs.
4. Factor in the Intangible Benefit of Enhanced Aesthetics
A common option for far too many businesses is to simply shuffle their excess equipment, furniture and other junk from one storage space to another. Sometimes these items end up outside their place of work, creating unsightly and potentially hazardous conditions. But the prospect of having to sort, load, haul and somehow dispose of all that stuff keeps them from doing anything about it. Yet having it removed quickly and safely by a professional hauling company will instantly improve the aesthetics, safety and appearance of a business site.
5. Benefit from the Reliability and Efficiency of a Professional Firm
There is more to proper junk removal than simply throwing stuff into the back of a truck. Knowing what can be disposed of legally and where constitutes a large part of what makes a professional firm the better choice. And simply taking everything to the local landfill – assuming there is one – is not always the most cost-effective means of disposal. Recycling and re-purposing many items and materials is a responsible approach for a business to take.
Acquiring the Services of Cost-Effective Construction Garbage Removal
Junk King provides an efficient, safe and eco-friendly construction garbage removal service so you don’t need to worry about the pick up or disposal of the debris after your construction project is complete.
Whether you need our services several times during a project or just once after it is complete, our hauling professionals will ensure that the junk and debris is out of your way so that you can get on with the job of finishing your construction project.
Our team specializes in commercial junk removal. And we can be at your site in minutes, so call us today! You can be assured that our crew is fully insured and well-trained, so you can trust them to get rid of your debris in a professional and courteous fashion.
One of the best things about hiring Junk King is that we recycle a much of the material we pick-up. We do this as part of our genuine commitment to being an eco-friendly removal service.
If you have questions about what we do or what we believe, give us a call at (707) 744-4254.