Trash removal might seem to be an easy enough task, but if you have large trash - or large amounts of trash - removing it requires planning.
This is true whether you’re a homeowner or renter, or a small business owner. It’s also true whether your trash removal project is a one-time event, or an ongoing need with multiple trash pick-ups over time.
Things to Consider With Trash Removal
One of the first things you want to avoid is to simply throw anything and everything into a pile, or the back of truck, and haul it off to your nearest landfill facility. Disposing of trash is a bit more problematic today than it was just 25 or 30 years ago.
And this is assuming you even have a truck or access to one!
Many items are not accepted at most landfills and there are trash items that can be better disposed of in other ways than simply dumping.
When you consider the vast amount of materials that can be reused or recycled, the number of items that contain hazardous materials, and the myriad of “green” initiative laws that exist in many locations, removal and disposal can be a challenge.
While it may not be rocket science, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when it comes to trash removal:
- Separate any easy-to-recycle items before removing your trash. This could be any plastic bottles, aluminum cans or containers, and cardboard. Not only will this ensure that the recyclables are properly disposed of, it can generate some easy cash for you.
- Remove any items that may contain hazardous material. Household hazardous waste, also known as HHW, includes cleaners, stains, varnishes, batteries, automotive fluids, pesticides, herbicides, certain paints, according to an article at ACWasteWatcher.org. In addition, many electronic devices and some appliances have components in them that contain hazardous materials such as mercury, lead and oil.
- Reuse yard waste as ground cover or compost. If you’ve just completed a major landscaping project you may have created large piles of organic debris that needs to be removed. With a rented chipper or mulcher you may be able to produce a healthy supply of organic gardening or landscaping material.
- Stage your large trash in one central location, if possible. This makes loading your trash far easier, especially if you can do so somewhere near your curb or driveway. If that’s not feasible, at least be sure to have a clear pathway from the street to your trash pile.
- Call a professional trash removal company, like Junk King, to come and do all the hard work for you! This is not only convenient, it will be quicker and likely to cost you less than doing it yourself.
A Trash Removal Checklist
Like we said, it’s not rocket science but safe and efficient trash removal requires a few steps. With that in mind, we’ve put together a handy checklist guide that you can print out and share:
Share this Image On Your Site
Simplify Your Trash Removal With Junk Hauling Professionals
Ultimately, deciding which firm to use does not have to be difficult. The competent and well-trained team at Junk King has a proven track record and a commitment to excellence. In addition, Junk King will ensure that every item that can and should be recycled is taken care of accordingly.
Junk King provides efficient, safe and eco-friendly trash removal and disposal services so you don’t need to worry about the pick up or disposal of the debris after your project is complete.
Whether you need our services several times during the month, or just once after your clean-up project is complete, our hauling professionals will ensure that the debris is out of your way so that you can get on with your business.
Our team specializes in trash removal. We can be at your home in mere minutes, so call us today! Our crew is fully insured and well-trained, so you can trust them to get rid of your unwanted items in a professional and courteous fashion.
One of the best things about hiring Junk King is that we recycle much of the material we pick-up. This is proof of our commitment to being a "green" trash removal service.
If you have questions about how we do what we do, give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK (5865)