It's now spring and the weather is great for digging in and completing those "Spring cleaning" projects you've been thinking about - or dreading! - all winter. And it's likely that junk hauling is part of the process.
Getting Strategic With Spring Cleaning and Junk Hauling
Owning a truck, or having a friend with a truck, is never a good enough reason to do your own junk removal. Unless you actually are a junk removal company, you are not in the business of junk removal!
As a home owner you should weigh every decision involving expenditures. And hauling unwanted junk and excess household items will involve some expense. But the truth is, it is often far more cost-effective to leave these tasks to a local professional firm.
Besides, depending on where you live, there may even be city or county restrictions on just what you can or cannot haul or dispose of yourself.
Benefits of Hiring a Junk Hauling Company
While you may have many reasons to haul your company’s junk yourself, or hire some guy with a truck, the benefits of using a professional junk removal firm far outweigh them.
1. It's Far More Convenient
When you stop to consider the amount of time involved in clearing out, loading, and then hauling and disposing of your junk you may be talking about number of hours, possibly days lost. The time you or your family and friends spend doing this kind of work is time not spent doing what you would rather be doing.
2. It's Safer and Healthier
Depending on the quantity and nature of your waste, the simple work of moving it can be hazardous. Cuts, abrasions and back strains are very real consequences of clearing and hauling junk. In addition, you may be working with actual hazardous materials that need to be handled properly and legally. Without proper training and proper equipment, disposing of some waste can lead to complications.
3. It Offers Real Cost Savings
When you factor in the time and costs of hauling your junk, you have to factor in gas, mileage, dumping fees, and possible truck rental costs. In addition, there's the opportunity cost of other that’s work not getting done, it becomes an expensive proposition. Using your own vehicle for junk hauling only invites potential issues with damage and unneeded costs.
4. It's More Reliable and Efficient
There is more to proper junk removal than simply throwing stuff into the back of a truck. Knowing what can be disposed of legally and where constitutes a large part of what makes a professional firm the better choice. And simply taking everything to the local landfill – assuming there is one – is not always the most cost-effective means of disposal. Recycling and repurposing many items and materials is a responsible approach for a business to take.
Handy Tips for the Cleaning Part of the Job
Now that spring is in the air, don't let the prospect of spring cleaning overwhelm you. Having a plan and helpful tips can go a long way to making the job easier. Here are seven tips for making the cleaning part go faster:
- The best refrigerator cleaner is a combination of salt and soda water. The bubbling action of the soda water combines with the abrasive texture of the salt to make a great cleaner.
- The best way to get rid of lime buildup around the faucet it is to lay paper towels over the fixture, soak it with vinegar and let it set for an hour. The deposits will soften and become easier to remove.
- Clean screens with a scrap of carpeting. It makes a powerful brush that removes all the dirt.
- Clean windows with a rag and soapy water, and then dry them with another rag. You can also go to an auto-parts store and buy a windshield squeegee, which cleans very well.
- If drapes are looking drab, take them out of the window, remove the hooks and run them through the air-fluff cycle in the dryer along with a wet towel (to draw off the dust) for 15 minutes. Hang them back in the windows immediately.
- Clean the blades of a ceiling fan by covering them with a coat of furniture polish. Wipe off the excess and lightly buff.
- Sometimes comforters, blankets and pillows don't need to be cleaned, but they do need to be aired out after a long winter in your closed-up home. Take them outside and hang them on a clothesline for a day.
Efficiency and Peace of Mind With Professional Junk hauling
Junk King provides an efficient, safe and eco-friendly junk disposal service so you don’t need to worry about the pick up or disposal of the debris after your project is complete.
Whether you need our services several times during a cleaning project, or just once after it is complete, our hauling professionals will ensure that the furniture and debris is quickly out of your way so that you can get on with your life.
Our team specializes in trash and junk removal. We can be at your home in mere minutes, so call us today! Our crew is fully insured and well-trained, so you can trust them to get rid of your unwanted items in a professional and courteous fashion.
One of the best things about hiring Junk King is that we recycle a much of the material we pick-up. This is proof of our commitment to being an eco-friendly removal service. If you have questions about what we do or what we believe, give us a call at (707) 744-4254.